Difference between revisions of "Reflex Changelog 0.47.x"
Revision as of 03:50, 28 October 2016
0.47.0, October 27, 2016
The hype train has finally pulled up at the station. Now we can finally curl up into a fetal position for an hour until we need to start work on 47.1
btw, NEW PLASMAGUN AND BOLTRIFLE MODELS ARE INNNN
We've implemented mutators which add a bit of fun to the game for more casual players. We've also retired the old arena game modes and pulled across arena mode as a mutator.
We've implemented addon support which allows you to share your widgets and game mods over the workshop. There's a lot of cool widgets out there that people have made, making it easier to get and keep them up to date should really allow people to use them more.
Addon supports asset overriding, so you can bundle custom jump sounds etc in addons too!
For an example on how to create your own addon, check out this post:
Widget and client side modifications
The custom widgets are a great feature for Reflex, but they also allow you to really assist yourself in game. What exactly to allow/dissallow is not an easy thing to decide. For example I think everyone would agree there isn't much gain with custom jump sounds (depends how elitist we go i guess), while I think everyone would agree having a custom armor pickup sound of 25 seconds definately crosses the line.
So what we have done is provided servers with a list of the custom modifications each client has. This isn't easily visible and is only really going to be used by cheat detection people organising competitions. The intent is that some competitions may allow some mods, while others won't.
So we've had an experimental ruleset for a few patches now. We work with a small group of advanced players which take part in assisting us in determining which way to adjust the ruleset. It's been brought up that the turn around time for this process is too slow. So what we're doing is providing a new "Experimental_Plus" ruleset to this group which allows them to tweak gameplay on their own build. We're keeping this to just them for now because the goal isn't to have crazy mod servers out there, but to have intellegent subtle tweaks made to improve the gameplay. With the ultimate goal that we can more quickly finesse the gameplay.
I wanted to make this known so people know about it, and also because you guys are all able to connect to these servers and see what they have been doing. I believe the up-coming League will be using this ruleset, for more perhaps talk to @Qualx
- Implemented sv_startmutators, callvote mutators
- Implemented sv_allowcallvotemutators so server admins can deny clients changing mutators
- added sv_allowcallvotemutators and sv_startmutators to dedicatedserver_default.cfg (with comment)
- Implemented vampire mutator: removes all health pickups, non-self pre-armor damage awards health based off gconst_mutator_vampire_health_for_1damage
- Implemented instagib mutator: no pickups, one shot kills, bolt + melee awarded on spawn, unlimited ammo
- Implemented melee only mutator: no weapon/ammo pickups, melee only,
- Implemented handicap mutator: gives extra health/armor to trailing player, added on TOP of spawned health (i.e. stacks with warmup mutator), clamped at 200/200
- Implemented warmup mutator: always awards warmup values of gconst_player_spawn_health_warmup / gconst_player_spawn_armor_warmup + all weapons on spawn
- Implemented mutator: big head modee - on gibs, on ragdolls, on players
- Implemented mutator: low gravity - half world, grenade, stake gravity
- Migrated arena game modes to mutator system
- Added mutator icons to scoreboard
- Implemented addon backend
- Watches filesystem for change in base/addons folder and reparses disk on notification (rather than only polling disk on install/uninstall) - this allows people to drag new addons in while reflex is running, and reflex sees it.
- Triggers steam-requery after assets on disk change
- Added "New assets found, restart required" message
- Added quick grouping of widgets into addons in widget list on UI (like a treeview but always expanded), hopefully will help organise addons
- Increased steam VAC timeout max retry count from 10 to 1000
- Added patch for old protocol versions loaded in .replay files to update gamemode indices so things are nicely in order again (now that arena gamemodes are gone)
- Weapon restrictor now uses desired weapon selection rather than reading from player state. (this fixes issue where it would pop down & back up, this also fixes selection where it wasn't correctly picking the best desired weapon on spawn - specifically it occured in instagib)
- Physx gravity now matched to world gravity
- Exposed addon table to lua
- Asset (re)loader now caches state of failed assets / queried assets. So if an asset goes missing the game doesn't drop to ~5fps polling all 3000+ assets while it tries to load the missing one
- Fixed crash bug which would occur if steam API was not initialised
- re_setentityproperty should now work on large string properties also
- Secret surprise dev
- Fixed download % on addon dialog to correctly scale 0->100 (isntead of 0->1)
- Save & restore menu status on luastate reload (caused when any lua file uploads)
- Added staff pick filters on AddonPicker.lua & MatchPicker.lua
- Renamed Sort By -> Filter By on AddonPicker.lua & MatchPicker.lua
- Provided addonName field on widget to lua
- Added new bolt rifle model + effects
- Added new plasma gun + effects
- Added new melee: cleaver
- Added new melee: baseball bat
- Added new melee: supporter khopesh
- Added new head: juggs
- Added new head: hostile hoodie
- Fixed shotgun crouch anims (aim + attack)
- Burstgun exp integrated into main game
- Shotgun exp integrated into main game
- Grenades exp integrated into main game
- Bolt rifle ammo exp integrated into main game
- Grenades now point trace (no collision radius)
- Plasma ammo changes: low = 40, max = 150, weapon pickup = 75, ammo pickup = 50
- Plasma kb now 0.425
- Rocket splash radius now 112
- Ioncannon: kb now 1.7, damage = 6, reload = 46ms (= total 130dps)
- Ioncannon ammo changes: ammo pickup = 50
Let the whinge for 48 wen begin \o/