Reflex Changelog 0.43.x
From Reflex Wiki
0.43.0, May 12, 2016 - No puns, I'm tired
- Netcode optimisations to reduce traffic, this helps previous lag experienced in high player count matches.
- (A lot of) CPU & memory load reductions. This helps with performance (and stability) of high player count matches.
- App is now back to CLI
- Now shows load % to give you an idea of performance.
- Fixed issue where crash reporter was deadlocking
- Added com_logfilename, can use to log console on client/server
- Content browser now keeps selection on hide
- You can now mouse-over a server in the server browser to get a player list of people in server
- re_export export now correctly names images *.png (was previously writing *.tga despite them being pngs)
- Renamed "Callvote: Match" -> "Change Map / Mode"
- Dropped pickups now collide with PLAYER_CLIP
- Added rulesets casual/competitive/experimental (sv_ruleset, sv_startruleset, callvote ruleset)
General bug fixes:
- Adjusted range on FOV slider (was -200 -> 200 now 70 -> 170)
- Fixed reflection probe issue where they occasionally broke across map change -- please rebuild your maps and upload to workshop!
- Fixed issue where IC beam sustain sound wasn't correctly being positioned on 3rd person weapon
- Fixed issue in ATDM where suicide damage was counting towards your points
Editor bug fixes:
- Fixed bug where sky fields were listed twice
- Fixed a bunch of lua errors thrown when bogus values added to edit boxes
- Restored "Apply Selection" UI button in EntityVolumeSelect
- An experimental ruleset has been added to allow for rapid iteration & testing without impacting the core gameplay (i.e. tournaments).
- When pre-jumping on angled ramp you'll now be effecting by ramp angle
- Spawn system: increased spawn blocking angle check to 360 & distance to 1024
- IC trace is now "fat" (it has volume, instead of being a point trace).
- IC damage reduced to 5
- Plasma cells now have volume
- Slightly increased Melee range and radius.
- Added casual ruleset designed to just be loaded up and played. It's the default ruleset for Reflex.
- Reduced 1v1 timelimit to 5 minutes and team game time limits to 15.
- Added competitive ruleset designed for competition play
- Item respawn times are not exposed to Lua
- Timelimits are standard 10/20 mins.
- Double kill bug still exists.
- Double flag (!) flag is popping out when people don't die some times, seems releated to double kill bug.
- Triple jumps are apparently are not working in experimental branch.
- com_logfilename seems to not be writing everything correctly.
0.43.1, May 13, 2016
- Fixed server browser player list preview
- Fixed issue where com_logfilename was not working correctly
- sv_startruleset now works as expected
- Fix crash on editor redo operation
- Removed microjitter on camera introduced after recent netcode optimisations
0.43.2, May 16, 2016
- fixed bug with backwards reconciliation (causing double kills, flags to drop when not desired, all kinds of scary things!) - please update your servers!
- fixed issue (introduced with optimisations in 43.0) where prefab entities were unnecessarily being sent over wire.
- camera no-longer moves when dead (was introduced with 43.0 with optimisations)
- sv_allowrulesets should now function as desired
- race timelimit will now properly reset when changing rulesets
- fixed clipping issue causing triple jumps to break in experimental mode.
- restore ancient japan ambient sounds