Reflex Changelog 0.39.x
From Reflex Wiki
- 1 0.39.0, Feburary 10, 2016 - Arbitrary Gibberish
- 2 0.39.1, February 15, 2015
- 3 0.39.2, February 15, 2015
- 4 0.39.3, February 25, 2015
0.39.0, Feburary 10, 2016 - Arbitrary Gibberish
- You can now grab maps directly from the workshop when starting a server or callvoting a new map via the in-game menu.
- Added new console commands:
wmatch <id> <mode>for voting workshop maps
- Maps can now be published to Workshop directly from our map editor via the "Publish" button in the top toolbar.
- You can also rate, favourite and subscribe to maps during the end game screen.
- Spawn system overhaul
- Fixed broken biasing giving wrong spawns
- You can no-longer spawn at same spawn as last time (10 second timeout)
- Added line-of-sight check
- LOS checks can favor/block potential spawns depending if person viewing it is friend/foe. In team games it's modified by number of people viewing spawn. i.e. 2/4 team mates looking at a spawn, will increase the change you can spawn there by 50% of the existing chance. Existing chance is based off normal distance biasing.
- Added fall-back in team/FFA games where all spawns are not available. It will allow any spawns except ones assigned to other team (ctf) or if a team mate is standing on it.
- Added initialSpawn property to player spawns -- these will be used for the first spawns of the game (provided there are enough available).
- Burstgun now fires 6 shots, at staggered offsets, and do 7 damage per pellet
- Removed modes a1v1, atdm, affa from worldspawn -- these are now just attached to 1v1, tdm, ffa, respectively
- Added weaponclip magic material -- blocks shots but not players.
- Game won't end due to few players if there's a player in editor mode. (i.e. you can solo edit race maps while game is in progress now)
me_createtype workshopscreenshot-- saves out high quality screenshots on publish so you can quickly update additional screenshots via the Workshop website
- Screenshot/screenshotWithDepth now save to PNG format
- Added support to auto-convert old netcode revisions to live version AKA "we can load old replays (from now on)"
- Improved connection/mapchange handshake-- maps can now be pre-loaded if client can source the same map. (from either disk or workshop)
- Improved load screen, no-longer triggered just on gamestate download. also displays client/server workshop download percentage.
- Added hands in 1st person (only partially visible on burst gun so far, WIP)
- Scoreboard will now list people queued for teams under the correct team. spectators / editors are still always on the left under team ALPHA.
- Added ready up text
- Implemented fog system
- Added end of game camera wobble & sound
- Added game finished flag to replay file. (only flagged if gamestate is gameOver on save)
- Replay recording are now correctly saved & stopped on map / mode change.
- You can now see yourself in the end-game screen.
- Replays created from workshop maps are now prefixed with TITLE instead of mapname (5939432432)
- Removed r_ssao & our SSAO implementation (we still have r_hbao)
- Renamed "SSAO" in options menu "HBAO+"
- Fixed replay editor toggle bind in UI (wasn't hooked up properly)
- Fixed incorrect material assignment - brick_gothic_wall_cnr
- Fixed AmmoCount.lua from stomping lua weapon colour (so it appeared white)
com_maxfpslimited to [10->inf) or 0. quick fix this prevents issues caused when playing < 4fps
- Fixed subframe bug where mousewheel events would be triggered when console was visible
- Fixed issue where clicking JOIN ZETA button wouldn't work (as it was performing two cvars on same frame, and correct data wasn't being sent to server)
- Fixed issue where cl_playercolor* would stomp some player state flags when it shouldn't. (such as changing team index to 0)
- Replay file names are now purged before saving to disk (previously bogus character names in players were preventing files from being created)
- Fixed script bug where "FRAGGED" would be displayed when you're queue'd to play.
- Binds are no-longer passed to game now when in the menu. (this fixed weapon being changeable in menu + also editor working in menu)
- Disabled crosshair in end of game screen
- Fixed spawn biasing to actually work properly (see more info in the "Gameplay" section)
- Callvote dialog no-longer hides & re-appears when die.
- Start server button (in menu) now performs "disconnect" first, ensuring it's a true server restart, and not just a map change.
- Removed some redundant/old textures to free up some VRAM
- Updated hostile (has new normals, improved lods)
- Updated ivy textures: simplified albedo look a bit and halved res (1.7mb on disk to 440kb on disk)
- Updated pipes to have smooth normals
- Updated PRDM3/Ruin - bolt platform lowered, new blue tele by the mh/yellow armor
- Maps shipped with Reflex have now been renamed to their proper titles (such as Ruin.map) instead of arbitrary gibberish
- Transitioned a heap of previously included maps to workshop
- Renamed sv_public to sv_steam to avoid near-constant confusion
- Implemented sv_allowmodes -- server will prevent changes to anything NOT in that list. If list is empty, all modes are allowed.
- New Burstgun mesh (still a work in progress)
- Industrial mesh set optimisation pass
- Optimised effects: environment steam
- Optimised effects: lots weapon trails and impacts
- Optimised effects: pickup smoke
- Ivy leafs now all support albedo overrides
- Ivy performance increase
- Added Lua variables:
serverConnectedToSteam, player.inventoryMelee, world.mapWorkshopId, timeLimit, timeLimitRound
- Added Lua function:
- Exposed camera position to lua
- Fixed bug where data saved by
widget:saveUserData()wasn't saving correctly if called in
- Fixed issue where widget cvars were not saving correctly to .cfg
- Exposed vote information to lua
- Callvote popup implemented in lua -- we get pretty pictures now :)
- Fixed bug in WeaponRack.lua where it was stomping weapon colour to white
- Fixed issue where right & middle mouse were flipped for lua mouse regions.
- Removed laughably out of date readme.htm
match <mapname> <mode>command to save doing two separate votes
- Implemented screenshotClean - generates high quality constant FOV screenshot. Can specify custom resolution here (and take 8k screenshots etc :))
0.39.1, February 15, 2015
- Added r_fog + added fog option to UI
- Mappers should not use the fog as anything more than a distant haze now (because otherwise this is functionally a cheat cvar).
- Mappers should still set your fog to reasonable levels, regardless of your personal preferences. Salty people can disable it without you forcing no-fog on the people who find it genuinely better for perceiving depth. "This is why we can't have nice things."
- Adjusted default fog constants
- Splash damage no-longer goes through weapon clip
- sv_startmap now defaults to Fusion (instead of bdm3)
- Improved popup next to "Steam Integration" in menu
- Fixed Search in MatchPicher.lua not display correct results.
- Fixed dedicatedserver_default.cfg to actually start a map (it defaulted to a broken rotation)
- Fixed crash occurring on server
- Fixed issue where crash would occur on launch with
r_hbao 1on DX10.0 card
- Fixed issue where sv_startwmap wasn't working on servers (as server would try do download map before steam connection was finished)
- Fixed issue where MatchPicker.lua cancel button was incorrectly disabled
0.39.2, February 15, 2015
- Fixed crash bug which occurred when trying to spawn on a map with no spawn points. (was introduced in .39.0 with new spawn system) - ty Draqu!
- Added some additional checks when failing to load the pak files (one person had a crash on load due to an edge case)
- Enemy stats are no longer hidden from Lua in Race modes.
0.39.3, February 25, 2015
- Rotation files now support workshop maps (via their id)
- Updated the default server rotation
- Updated default dedicated server config
- Huge optimization pass on gothic meshes (half a million less verts for your GPU to choke on)
- Enabled gothic cosmetics - http://store.steampowered.com/itemstore/328070/browse/