Reflex Changelog 0.33.x
Reflex Changelog 0.33.x - Fancy UI stuff
After a month of late nights, it's finally time to release our new UI update to the world. Although its still a work in progress, HUD and menus have been dramatically improved and we're excited to see what the community comes up with using the new UI scripting system.
To gather all of these custom HUDs into one place, we've set up a new UI forum over at the reflexfps.net forums: the UI Scripting where (if it ends up anything like our mapping scene) you'll soon be able to find a masses of info and custom widgets.
We've also started sneaking in a few bits of art that you can check out in the "envtank" map. Stay tuned for some new weapon concept art and more information about the direction we're going in!
This is definitely not the end of our 0.33 updates. In the upcoming point release, we'll be expanding the UI system further, making some changes to knockback and weapon balance and squashing a few bugs.
0.33.0, April 7th 2015
- Added fullclip
envtankmap to demonstrate current art usage examples.
- Fixed slime functionality.
- Added new Lua based UI system (which despite being a single bullet point, was a month of work).
- Asset hotloading now included in public builds (for live-updating of HUD scripts).
- Added SSAO via r_ssao.
- Crash report now detect spinlocks & fires off a crashreport if it occurs (implemented on both dedicated server & clients).
- Key \ is now bindable.
- Fixed lightmapping bug on maps with multiple texture pages with
- Fixed bug where probes were incorrectly not being calculated inside player clip.
- Server now reports location to steam (in gametags), client decodes this and it's used to display flag on server browser.
bindcommand now has states, for example "bind game mouse1 +attack" "bind me mouse1 +editorprimary"
- All configuration is now in
- Bind command now supports ; for multiple commands on one key.
- Renamed game.cfg to
game_default.cfg-- game.cfg is now created on first load if it doesn't exist.
- Renamed dedicatedserver.cfg to
dedicatedserver_default.cfg-- dedicatedserver.cfg is now created on first load if it doesn't exist.
- If you've deleted your menu music, the game will crash on start. To fix, verify your game cache in Steam. Fixed in 0.33.1.
- Armor timers occasionally wrong on connect. Correct time is shown once the item is taken.
- UI can get stuck in a loop changing resolution / refresh rate from the menu. To fix, either close the options menu or adjust your resolution using console commands instead.