Reflex Changelog 0.28.x
From Reflex Wiki
Note: This build is currently in the testing branch and the testing branch is for testing. If you're not having problems with the current build, just wait until a final release.
Changelog - 0.28.x - More light, less crash
- Fixed bug that causes probes to be unnecessarily rebuilt when brushes were moved, causing FPS drops.
0.28.3, 27 November 2014
- Lot's of internal engine changes to get our 1000hz input polling going again.
- It's now configurable via
cl_input_subframe 1. It's disabled by default, but feel free to try it and give feedback. If you've got any input bugs, try changing this cvar to whatever it isn't.
- It's now configurable via
- Fixed server crash bug which sometimes occurred when a callvote passed.
- Added crash reporter to dedicated server.
- Added new menu replay.
- Included an updated (but smaller) selection of community maps.
- Sorry guys, we can't keep building and uploading 400mb of lightmaps.
- Lightmap UV unwrap is now performed at start of lightmap build, rather than when brushes are created (this significantly helps stall on connect).
- Lightmapper now can determine how much space is needed, and allocate as required.
- This removed the upper limit on lightmap atlas size, your big maps should now light correctly
- Increased size of lightmap atlas page (which means brushes up to 8192 units will now correctly lightmap)
- If a single brush is too big for lightmapper, lightmapping is aborted with error to console.
0.28.3 - Now with 13% more stuff, 17 November 2014
- This build is being deployed as a "test" version.
- To enable test versions, right click on Reflex in steam and go to properties.
- In the "betas" tab, use the dropdown box to select the public test branch.
- Steam will automatically update you to test versions when available.
- Note that test versions will often be more unstable than release versions and are not recommended unless you're having problems with the latest retail build.
callvoteis now properly implemented. Use vote_yes and vote_no commands to vote.
- "callvote map" now gives a list of maps on the server. It doesn't actually fit in the console properly, but it's there.
- "callvote mode" now gives a list of modes on the server.
- Brightened enemy outlines (and made friendly blue and enemy red)
- Names on scoreboard are now coloured by team.
- Reduced end of game scoreboard time from 30 to 10 seconds.
- Removed over 500MB of unused assets. This should significantly improve things for people with older GPUs.
- Obligatory "fixed a couple of memory leaks"
- Refreshrate command now works as expected again.
- Cleaned up some of the fullscreen<->windowed issues.
- Significant changes to input system.
- This should hopefully fix some of the input lag/inconsistency/stuttering some players have been having.
- We're after feedback on how the input is feeling for people now so please give us your thoughts at @ http://www.reflexfps.net/forums/index.php?/topic/421-build-28-input-feedback/
- Added a few more dialogue boxes for crashes.
- Added "r_decals" command. Setting this to 0 will increase your fps, especially if there are lots of exploding robots around.
- Greatly increased max gamestate count on server. This should help reduce "disconnect on connect" bugs we are getting.
- Updated editor's "nolight" texture to be at least a little bit visible.
- ContentBrowserHack now has a search box (thanks Bonuspunkt).
- Added default game binds:
- — Vote yes
- — Vote no
- — Ready
- Added default editor binds:
- — Chat
- — Team chat
- — Create Pickup
- Removed default resolution from game.cfg.
- Mouse speed slider now goes up to
hud_*commands with some basic settings for controlling the vote/chat boxes.
- Added new crosshairs.
- Fixed health pickups on xfdm2
- Removed lava effects that were causing performance issues on cpm3.
- Included community maps submitted through the forum thread @ http://www.reflexfps.net/forums/index.php?/topic/294-want-your-map-included-in-the-next-update-click-this/
- Fixed crash on exit bug (again).
- Added network protocol version so we can just update clients without forcing server updates.
- Removed lightmap cache, lightmaps now sit next to your .map files.
- Hopefully fixed crash on close (can't repro)
- Fixed big stall on connect - there is still a slight stall, this is the lightmaps, needs fixing still.
- Adding missing texture warning in console.
- Changed version naming scheme.
- Fixed various bugs to do with lightmaps not being loaded properly.
- Fixed bug where sometimes light mapper would prematurely go onto next bounce.
- Added detection to light probe generation to bail if brush was waaaay out of the level (rather than crash).
r_refreshrateis actually still broken if you + repeatedly.
- There can be a slight lag when connecting sometimes.
- This is due to the way lightmapping is currently done. If your map is causing stalls when loading, the current solution is aggressive use of the "nolight" texture.
- There is no replay on the main menu because the replay format changed and we didn't get around to making a new one.