Installing and Updating Using SteamCMD
- Download Steamcmd from this page (This page has a lot of useful documentation)
- Extract steamcmd.exe to a folder (For this example I'll extract it to a folder named steamcmd in my C drive)
- Open Command Prompt and navigate to the folder where steamcmd.exe resides using the "cd" command. (Example - cd c:\steamcmd)
- Next, paste the following line of paramters into Command Prompt to run steamcmd.exe begin downloading the Reflex Dedicated Server files.
steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir ./reflex_ds +app_update 329740
- Once your Command Prompt shows "Success! App '329740' full installed", close it and navigate to "reflex_ds" in your "steamcmd" directory. Run reflexded.exe once to generate "dedicatedserver.cfg"
- Once you've generated your config, it's time to configure your server. Here you can change the player limit, server password, your servers name, and several other parameters
- sv_allowedit <0/1>
- sv_country <NA>
- sv_gameport 25787
- sv_steamport 25797
- sv_kick_ban_time_seconds <300>
- sv_hostname <hostname>
- sv_maxclients <16>
- sv_public <0/1>
- sv_startmap <map>
- sv_timelimit <seconds>
- sv_timelimit_round <seconds>
Reflex operates on two ports. These two ports are the sv_gameport and sv_steamport defined in your dedicatedserver.cfg. If you're running reflexded on the default ports, you'll want to ensure you have forwarded port 25787 and 25797. If you want to run multiple servers on the same machine, you will need to forward an additional two ports per server. One for the game and one for the outbound Steam connection (Example Server One running on 25787 & 25797, Server Two running on 25788 and 25799)
Replay recording are intentionally "turned off" right now since there isn't a system in place for players to retrieve repays. If you want to record replays, create the folder "reflexfps\replays\" in Reflex's main directory. There currently isn't any way to limit the number of replays stored on a server so be sure to clear them out every once in a while.
Right now there is no way for players to download replays from servers aside from FTP which should not be publicized. The most common solution right now is to run a webserver that serves the contents of /replays.
Setting Up Multiple Servers
For each Reflex server you would like to run, you will need to open two ports. One port will allow the server to send and receive data to and from the clients connecting to it. The second will allow the server to tell Steam that it is online and tell Steam things like the map, player count, and gamemode so Steam can populate Reflex's in-game server browser. The default ports for these two tasks are 25787 and 25797. The problem with these ports is that they can only be utilized by one server so we are going to need to setup our servers to use two different sets of ports.
The easiest way to do this is to define two different sets of ports in your two servers' config files.